Life in Queen Medb's Castle
Thursday, July 24, 2003
It's Official. Again.
Okay, thanks to Joni and Stoney, I am back to my MT blog. The address is http://www.arachibutyrophobia.com/medb/
Authentic Web Hosting is a good web host. They fixed my php Gallery in less than two hours after I reported it being down. Go them. *G*
Seems I've broken my Gallery. . . *sigh* Please stand by as we are experiencing technical difficulities. . . .
Funny. . .
My heart really does beat before 6 a.m. I figgered that I was in a sort of coma, pulseless, breathless, blissfully dead to the world, until around 7 or so. Which is how I like it.
Stoney's alarm kept waking me up this morning, and, as he wasn't getting up, and I figgered somebody needed to, I arose, started his coffee and made him chocolate chip muffins for breakfast.
Then, I went and turned on the overhead light in the bedroom, played MAJOR role reversal and said, "Honey. . .? Are you going to get up today?"
I'll enjoy thinking about that as I go back to bed. Just as soon as he leaves for work. . . .
Wednesday, July 23, 2003
Patra had to go and have her check-up and shots today. It was a terrifying experience for the poor cat--scared the poopies out of her. Literally.
Gripe Part II
Stoney got off work on time today and we had a fabulous evening. Until about fifteen minutes ago when he got paged in again. *grumble grumble*
Tuesday, July 22, 2003
Stoney's still at work. He had to work late last night, too. And was called in Sunday morning. And worked late last Wednesday and Thursdsay. And was called in at midnight last Tuesday (I went with him that time). And, last Saturday, he went in at 3 a.m. and got home in time to go to Guard. I'm liking his job less and less.
Just discovered Orisinal.com today. Cute graphics and fun little games to play--plus they're all kid friendly--how great is that?! My favorites are Fire Dragon, The Snow Rider, It Takes Two and Panda Run. If you haven't ever played there, go check it out.
It's This-or-That Tuesday again. . .
1) DVD or VHS? Both. I owe WAY to many VHS movies to give 'em up. I really like the DVD features, though, and pretty much all the movies I buy now are DVD.
2) Best Literary/Movie Villain: Voldemort (Harry Potter) or Sauron (LoTR)? Haven't seen/read Harry Potter but am potty about Tolkien, so Sauron without a doubt. Though, as I have mentioned before, for a villain, The Ring is the bestest.
3) Meat: rare or well-done? Well-done, please!
4) High Speed Internet-Cable or DSL? We have cable.
5) Women: 1-piece bathing suit or Bikini? As long as it's decent looking and not skanky, whatever they feel comfortable wearing. I liked to wear a bikini when I was thin but now I need a one-piece.
6) To be fair--Men: Boxers or briefs? Mmmmmm. . . I like it when Stoney wears those boxer-briefs, you know the ones, because they are really sexy looking. But for daily wear under clothes, I don't know how a fella wears boxers, don't they get all waded up and stuff?
7) Beer or Liquor/Wine? I think beer is blechy and most liquor is too. I like a sweet dessert wine on occasion.
8) Coke or Mountain Dew? BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-ech. Neither. They are both disgusting. When I want a soda, which is Very Rarely, I like ginger ale or a fruity flavored fizzy thing. Like Dr. Pepper or Orange drink or whatever. This summer I've starting drinking The Little Butterfly's fruity flavored store brand, just out of curiosity, but otherwise I am NOT a soda drinker.
9) In honor of my 10/18/03 nuptials: Morning or Afternoon/Night Wedding? We had planned to get married in the morning, but no JP could meet us about noon. I still think that qualifies as morning, though, which is what we had wanted.
(Exactly one week before we got married, Stoney asked if I'd like to get married next Saturday morning, I said "sure". We bought rings Thursday night, went to the next county Saturday morning, got license when the office opened, ate breakfast, shopped, got married, then came home and left messages on our various answering machines to let our families know we were hitched. *HG* THAT'S the way to do it!)
10) Carpet or Hardwood Floors I LOVE hardwood floors, I always have, but I like having some carpet around. Carpet is easier to clean. I don't like to sweep/mop/polish hardwood flooring.
11) American cars or foreign? I prefer to buy American on everything I can.
12) Cutest TV Twin: Mary-Kate or Ashley Olsen? They, uh, both look alike to me.
13) Coffee: Caffeinated or Decaf? Decaf unless I'm trying to stay awake for an all night Dungeon Siege with Stoney.
14) Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: Computers: Do they make life better or worse? Why? Since the question is not "internet" but computer, that's a cinch. BETTER! They are so much easier to type on than a type writer, great games are available, and they play music. Where else could I get such an appliance?! Plus, thanks to computers, Stoney has a job. That certainly makes MY life better.
Monday, July 21, 2003
20 July 03 edition
Saw this on a couple of blogs today, so I finally followed the link and thought I'd give it a try. These are truly what I first thought of as I read them.
- Wizard of Oz:: ruby slippers
- Ford:: Prefect
- Wrinkles:: Smiles
- Extravagant:: money
- Conventional:: clothes
- Stewart:: Jimmy
- Offensive:: kiddie porn
- Heartbeat:: Stoney
- Chaos:: storms
- Jiffy::Muffin Mix
I left the griddle soaking in the sink last night and now the water needs to be let out and the smelly drain needs to be emptied. It's at times like these that I realize just how handy Stoney is to have around. He does all those blechy tasks that I just can't stomach.
Now, before you ask, YES, I did do all those things myself when I was single. But. . . I'm married now and I don't have to anymore. I can be a Southern Lady Damsel in Distress and he'll help me out. That, folks, is one of the (many) advantages to being married to a Southern Gentleman.
Blechy, nasty tasks that I just can't stomach include:
-cleaning out the sink drain
-sticking a hand into tepid, day-old dishwater
-bagging up stinky trash
-throwing out really nasty old food
-deciding if a container is ruined from old food
-cleaning out the litter box (though, the cat was his first, so it is sort of his job)
-getting the globs of whatever out of the bathroom sink drain
-cleaning out behind the refrigerator
-taking out dead rodent-presents that Patra brings me
-finding the smell in the sink when we haven't washed dishes all weekend
All I have to do is ask if he'll help me out with something nasty, he says "that's what I do!" and does it and I always say "thank you, honey" and sincerely mean it. He is The Greatest!
So, I figger I'll just let that sink be til Stoney gets home.
I've got the web design bug and I've got it BAD! I've been changing arachibutyrophobia, just for the fun of it. It looks a whole lot better'n it did and I keep thinking I can make it look even better. . .
I've been bugging my Mom to let me set up a web page for her and to bug her boss to let me change theirs. I just think I could make it look better. My personal opinoin, but there you have it.
I'm smitten, that's all there is to it. I love colors and designing stuff, so it was natural that I would become addicted, but. . . well, I've had a web page for nearly a year now, and went this long without getting hooked, so I thought I had escaped.
If I spent half the time on our home that I do on my webpages. . . The imagination staggers.
Anyone else participating 26 Things: the International Photographic Scavenger Hunt? I've got nearly all my photos taken--all but eight anyway. It has been SO much fun. I'm so glad that Tracy of sh1ft.org organized it!
Sunday, July 20, 2003
Is just the best. If you need anything loaded on your site, but you can't figger out how to do it (my Stoney is a hardware guy, not a software guy), go to Joni and she'll take care of you!
MT is up, I'll be switching back in a few days, and I have a new photo gallery that I'm busily adding photos too as quick as I can.
Historical Hotties: Che Guevara
note: due to the massive amount of photos I've collected of this Historical Hottie, they are located here
Today's Historical Hottie is THE Bad Boy himself. . . Che Guevara.
Che was born in Argentina, studied to be a medical doctor in Cordova, and later moved to Mexico City where met Castro.
Che joined Castro and the revolutionaries as a medical man, but quickly moved up the scale in rank, becoming second in command to Castro after the successful overthrow of Batista.
In 1965 he expressed his disillusionment with Soviet Communism, and Castro (and vice versa) and called for guerilla-type revolutions in Africa, Asia and South America--and did his best to help produce said revolutions.
The U.S. snagged him in Bolivia in 1966 and turned him over to the Bolivians. Bolivian President Barrientos had him executed 9 October 1967 .
Urban legend has it that his last words were to tell the executioner to "Hurry up and shoot coward, you're only killing a man!"
Che certainly influenced the world as we see it and became a martyred saint for guerillas, revolutionaries and Communists. I just think he's one of the world's most photogenic Bad Boys and for that, I salute him!
Other Historical Hotties: Robert E. Lee, The Red Baron, and Zeb Vance
Check out my sweet Mama-in-law.